Family therapy helps you gain clarity around communication patterns and interactions between you and your family members. The techniques that I use will have you take a look at the family you grew up with and understand how those dynamics impact your current relationships with your children, partner, friends and own parents.
Family therapy benefits the teen by helping them…
- Resolve conflicts between parents and teens.
- Gain an understanding of unhealthy communication patterns.
- Learn to attune to each other’s perspective on an issue without criticism or defensiveness.
Family therapy benefits the parent by helping you …
- Discover your trigger points with your children and understand why you are reacting to them the way that you do.
- Regulate your emotions and become a more mindful parent.
- Get a clearer understanding of how the dynamics in your family of origin impacts the person you are today and how you are parenting your children.
- Help you adjust to becoming a new parent.
Family therapy benefits the adult by helping you…
- Gain insight on how the family beliefs you grew up with have lead you to make certain choices about your life.
- Learn how to set boundaries with family members in your home and with extended family members.
- Change maladaptive beliefs passed down to you from your own parents and grandparents.
- Understand how your role in your family while growing up impacts your social relationships today.
- Discover how your parents relationship with each other impacts your current romantic relationships.