I’m extremely passionate about making home a peaceful place. The relationships that we have with our parents is the relationship that has the biggest impact on our entire life span. The beliefs and patterns of communication modeled to us from our family are carried with us into adulthood and shape all of our experiences, decisions and future relationships. Family therapy can help you gain clarity around dysfunctional patterns and interactions between you and your family members that has lead to distance and disconnection.
Family therapy benefits the teen by helping them…
- Resolve conflicts between parents and teens.
- Gain an understanding of unhealthy communication patterns.
- Learn to attune to each other’s perspective on an issue without criticism or defensiveness.
Family therapy benefits the parent by helping you …
- Discover your trigger points with your children and understand why you are reacting to them the way that you do.
- Regulate your emotions and become a more mindful parent.
- Get a clearer understanding of how the dynamics in your family of origin impacts the person you are today and how you are parenting your children.
- Help you adjust to becoming a new parent.
Family therapy benefits the adult by helping you…
- Gain insight on how the family beliefs you grew up with have lead you to make certain choices about your life.
- Learn how to set boundaries with family members in your home and with extended family members.
- Change maladaptive beliefs passed down to you from your own parents and grandparents.
- Understand how your role in your family while growing up impacts your social relationships today.
- Discover how your parents relationship with each other impacts your current romantic relationships.